The Mission of the Development Associate is “Helping Children to be Victors.” The Development Associate shall be accountable to the Director of Development. The Sales Associate shall develop and cultivate prospects through special events and marketing opportunities with that goal of securing qualified care providers for Foster Care and Adoption.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience in sales, marketing, special events, public relations or related fields preferred.
- Working familiarity with the principles and values of Wolverine Human Services programs.
- Demonstrated ability to solicit care providers and donations.
- Excellent writing and communication skills must be well organized and comfortable with public speaking and engaging people in conversation.
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to manage and influence.
- High energy, maturity, and ability to represent the mission of Wolverine Human Services.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff members, donors and other supporters.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial, enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
**Ability to Work with a Diverse and Multi-cultural Client and Staff Population.**
Usual Time Involvement:
Full-time; includes daytime, evenings and weekend scheduling as determined by management.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with community members and supporters while creating and executing a strategy for future development.
- Promotes community relations on behalf of the agency.
- Ability to promote WHS and speak at events for recruitment of prospective care providers and civic group events.
- Responsible for securing donations from prospects at events.
- Responsible for helping organize special events, participate in WHS events such as picnics, golf outings, banquets and all fundraising events.
- Developing and tracking proposals and reports for fundraising and grant writing.
- Record data through “Salesforce.”
- Responsible for marketing materials and booth set up and presentation.
- The Development Associate shall conduct him/herself in a professional manner and shall work with integrity and respect with staff, colleagues, executives of Wolverine Human Services and in all business relationships.
Supervised by: Vice President of Strategic Development