The Mission of the Transporter is “Helping Children to be Victors.” A Transporter shall be accountable to the Security Director or Residential Care Coordinator for the safe transport of youth and their families to a variety of appointments and locations.
- Possess mature judgment, initiative, have self-awareness and self-discipline
- Must be sincerely interested in rehabilitation of delinquent youth.
- Minimum of high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Must possess awareness of group dynamics and sensitivity to individual members of the group.
- Must be adequate role model for residents.
- Physical health must be adequate for performance of work.
- Ability to have visual control of a group of youth as well as the ability to respond immediately and to visually observe behavior.
- Ability to successfully complete a Therapeutic Crisis Intervention seminar provided by the agency.
- Must be emotionally stable and of good moral character.
- Must be willing to supervise the residents as the need arises.
- Must be available for twenty-four (24) on call duty.
- Must have Michigan Chauffeurs License and excellent driving record.
- Flexible availability to work some evenings and weekends to accommodate programs.
**Ability to Work with a Diverse a Multi-cultural Client and Staff Population.
Usual Time Involvement:
Position is part-time, with a variety of day, afternoon, evening and weekend shifts necessary. These shifts may be adjusted in order that staffs’ time can overlap each change of shift.
- Is responsible for coordinating the expectations of residents in the following areas, according to the respective shift:
- Inform residents of the following policies regarding:
- Rules and Regulations regarding vehicle transportation.
- Cleaning and up-keep of vehicles
- Care and use of all equipment and supplies
- Report truancies and other incidents to proper persons. (See policies for AWOL an Incident Reports).
- Attend all necessary meetings including staff development, weekly team meetings and any called by supervisory staff.
- Record mileage, destination, and other information when using agency vehicles
- Secure building and agency vehicles.
- When Transporting:
- Assure proper security techniques are used at all times (IE., mechanical restraints, seatbelts, LOS, etc)
- Transports residents to designated destinations as indicated by Shift Supervisors or Security Personnel
- Keeps consistent records of vehicle mileage and vehicle maintenance in log.
- Reports all vehicle problems to Security Director or designee.
- Assist with all appointments to ensure proper vehicle maintenance (IE., oil changes, tune ups, wheel alignments, etc).
- Assumes promptness of residents to destinations.
- Is responsible for other duties as assigned.
Responsible to: RCC and or Security Director