The mission of the Case Aide is “Helping Children to be Victors”.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma. GED will be considered based on experience.
- Must possess mature judgment and initiative, have self-awareness and self-discipline.
- Must be an appropriate role model for Wolverine Human Services (WHS) clientele.
- Demonstrated ability to accept and work with individuals and families in the assigned target areas.
- A strong commitment to strengthening families.
- Satisfactory physical and mental health.
- Availability to handle a flexible schedule in order to successfully complete assigned tasks.
- Must be emotionally stable and of good moral character.
- Have a positive attitude regarding the completion of assigned tasks and treat all consumers, co-workers and community partners with dignity and respect.
- Must support the WHS Mission Statement
- Possession of a valid Michigan Chauffeur’s license, satisfactory driving record, required auto insurance and dependable transportation.
- Must support and adhere to all WHS policies, contractual obligations and licensing requirements.
- Must have the ability to work with a diverse and multi-cultural client and staff population in a non- judgmental and supportive manner.
- Successfully perform all assigned Community Based Program (CBP) and or WHS assigned tasks
- Safely transport and supervise recipients of care.
- Will adhere to all laws, licensing rules and policies when transporting children/adults/recipients of care.
- Will deliver and retrieve packages, supplies and or items as assigned.
- Will provide office based tasks such as but not limited to: filing documents, paper work tasks, data entry, escorting and greeting guests, cleaning, and telephone services.
- Assist with family visits, group activities and safety assessments of living environments.
- Adherence to all WHS policies and procedures.
- Will report: all truancies, injuries, damage, ethical concerns and incidents of Abuse/Neglect to the proper persons per policy and in accordance with all contractual, licensing and legal requirements.
- Adhere to the tenets of the Michigan Child Protection Law(s)/mandated reporting requirements.
- Must be willing to facilitate tasks for the CBP clientele in various locations and settings as the need arises.
- Must maintain a professional, supportive, confidential and therapeutic atmosphere for our clientele, co-workers, community partners and care recipients.
- Attend and successfully complete all scheduled training, meetings and appointments
- Immediately report any driving citations received in accordance with agency policy.
- Properly maintain all agency property, equipment and vehicles.
- Will promptly report any misuse and or damage of agency property via agency protocols
- Will adhere to all agency attendance policies and rules.
- Will successfully complete all required data entries and paper work and reports per agency standards.
- Will represent our agency in professional manner at all times.
- Will act as an advocate, liaison and or mentor on behalf of the agency, clientele, recipients of care, contractor, court and or community partners.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
Responsible to: The Case Aide Coordinator and or designee