The Mission of the Janitorial Maintenance is “Helping Children to be Victors.” The Janitorial Maintenance worker shall be accountable to the Director of Facilities and Operations. The Janitorial worker will maintain and clean assigned buildings and grounds.
- Minimum of high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Prefer a certified State of Michigan vocational education instructor.
- Possess mature judgement, self discipline, honesty and positive work ethics.
- Physical health must be adequate for performance of work.
- Must be willing to take orders and execute them in good order and within a reasonable time.
- Knowledge of standard methods, practices, tools and equipment used to clean buildings and furniture.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety rules. Knowledge of proper use of chemicals, fertilizers and pesticides.
- Able to follow direction and instructions.
**Ability to Work with a Diverse and Multi-cultural Staff Population.
USUAL TIME INVOLVEMENT:
20-31 hours per week. Shift times to be scheduled by the Supervisor.
- Cleans and services restrooms.
- Sweeps, vacuums, and mops floors and stairways. Shampoos carpets as needed.
- Gathers and disposes of rubbish and waste materials.
- Make rounds of buildings and grounds at regular intervals or as scheduled.
- Observe appearances and conditions of premises and equipment; report needed repairs, safety hazards or conditions requiring repairs.
- Dusts items such as blinds, furniture, file cabinets and window sills.
- Scrub, strip, sanitize, wax and buff floors using appropriate tools including machines.
- Maintain an inventory of cleaning and toiletry supplies. Determines appropriate cleaning materials, supplies, tools and equipment needed to accomplish job.
- Clean grounds and parking lot of litter, glass or other debris
- May perform ground maintenance including but not limited to removal of snow, salting sidewalks, mowing areas of grass, trimming shrubs.
- Check cabins / units for needed major repairs and be sure work order has been written and
submitted to the Vocational Education Coordinator.
- Order all cleaning supplies and chemicals, but with prior approval of purchase and dollar amount of said purchase by Business Director.
- Must be emotionally stable and of good moral character.
- Fill in with laundry duties as needed.
- Cleans and folds clothing and linens of residents.
- Orders replacements for worn linens.
- Reports needed repairs to maintenance.
- Performs other related duties.
Responsible to: Director of Facilities and Operations