The Mission of the Communications Coordinator is “Helping Children to be Victors.” The Communications Coordinator shall be accountable to the Vice President of Strategic Development and Director of Development. The Communications Coordinator shall raise public awareness of our organization through online and offline channels.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Degree in Journalism, marketing or Public Relations is preferred. One to three years of experience in communication – creating and implementing strategies and developing online content is required.
- Working familiarity with the principles and values of Wolverine Human Services programs.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, must be well organized and comfortable with public speaking and engaging people in conversation.
- High energy, maturity, and ability to represent the mission of Wolverine Human Services.
- Able to develop and execute information in press releases, Facebook updates and newsletter articles with ease.
- Ability to collaborate with several teams simultaneously, while multi-tasking multiple initiatives.
- Proficient with PC and Apple Computer Systems. Confident with Office Suite, website content management, email marketing and social media networks.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial, enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
**Ability to Work with a Diverse and Multi-cultural Client and Staff Population.**
Usual Time Involvement:
Full-time; includes daytime, evenings and weekend scheduling as determined by management.
- Develop and maintain a communications Chart and Policy for both internal and external communication outlets.
- Maintain internal communications including, but not limited to Human Resource Newsletter, employee directory, employee communication outlets, Executive Team and Board of Trustee announcements.
- Work with the Development department in aligning public relations and donor relation strategies and communications.
- Work with the sales department in aligning marketing and advertising strategies and communication.
- In conjunction with Wolverine Human Services public relations firm coordinate and manage necessary information and communications.
- Coordinate media requests
- Serve as secondary media contact as needed.
- Responsible to coordinate with marketing and branding firms to coordinate and manage all materials and content.
- Coordinate, write and submit website, social media, blog and email newsletter content.
- Manage social media accounts, including content creation.
- Responsible to maintain, develop and submit recommendations on all communication outlets (i.e. Constant Contact, Mobilecause, Salesforce and Eventbrite).
- Responsible to measure and report on the effectiveness of communication activities.
- Assist with other external and internal communications duties as needed.
Supervised by: Vice President of Strategic Development
This is an exempt position for purposes of compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1967.